Television transmission in the South Island is now completely digital - analogue transmission ceased at the end of April 2013.
To receive digital television you will need either a terrestrial UHF aerial or a satellite dish, and a digital set-top box.
New television sets that have inbuilt set-top boxes eliminate the need to purchase set-top boxes separately; please note these only work with terrestrial UHF aerials (not with satellite dishes). Also note that the UHF terrestrial signal is not available in all areas. You can check the availability of the UHF terrestrial signal for your property on the FreeView website.
We can supply and install all you need to receive digital television, from the full supply and installation of decoder, dish or aerial, and cable by our experienced technicians, to the individual sale of decoders or aerials.
Most models of televisions can be made ‘digital-ready' with a set-top box, saving you the expense of having to buy a new television set. However if you are planning to upgrade your television set in conjunction with ‘going digital', we can assist with this as we are authorised agents for Panasonic and can access the full range of Panasonic televisions at competitive prices.
Panasonic Full HD 3D Blu-ray Disc Player/HDD Recorder PWT530
A Smart Network Full-HD 3D Blu-ray Disc player with an internal 500GB hard drive, built-in Wifi, DLNA, Viera connect with Skype and remote recording. This Panasonic Blu-ray player lets you simultaneously play, record sort and stream different types of content from different sources. A twin HD tuner allows you to record two digital TV broadcasts at the same time in Full-HD while watching a Blu-ray DVD. With an internal hard drive that supports 500GB of data and content, the DMR-PWT530 already has an impressive storage capacity but with a USB-compatible external HDD, it allows you to save far more content than ever before.
Panasonic High Definition DVD Recorder XW390
It is a digital recorder, has Freeview with twin tuners, archive to DVD, live pause TV, built in Wifi, HDMI, SD card and USB. This is a high performance, 500GB hard drive DVD digital recorder. It's easy to operate and features fantastic recording ability, outstanding image and sound quality and a wide range of networking options.
We also stock a full range of Freeview Decoders, including:
TELRAY TS-511 - On special for $149 down from $195
A basic set top box with the following features
• USB Function for recording and viewing your photos
• Electronic Programme Guide (EPG)
• EPG On-screen channel information
• Parental Lock
Ultra Plus 720HDMI PVR - On special for $149 down from $195
Digital satellite receiver with dynamic recording
• Recording and playback with external USB
• Recording and playback simultaneously
• Recording and time shifting simultaneously
• HDMI output
• Supports electronic program guide
• Parental lock
• Software and service database transfer via USB
• Video component, CVBS video and audio output via scart
• MP3 music player
Ultra Plus X-9200HD PVR - Only $795
A full high definition digital two tuner receiver, with in-built 500GB Hard Drive, featuring
• Changeable two tuner full HDTV PVR receiver
• Time shifting, recording and playback
• Three USB 2.0 host ports
• Ethernet port supported
• Premium grade remote control unit
• Full HD on-screen display
• Teletext, Subtitles supported
• User friendly and multi-language supported
• HDMI video and audio output
• Built-in 500GB Hard Drive
• Watch one channel while recording another
Portable Dish Kits
If you like to watch a bit of telly while you are on the road, then the Triax Camper54 Portable Satellite Dish Kit will get the signal you need. The kit consist of:
• 1x Triax 54cm Satellite Dish
• 1 x 10750 LNB
• 1 x Heavy Duty Triangle Base
• 1 x 10 metre heavy duty coax cable
• 1 x Quick Connect Connector
• Instructions and an Elevation Guide
This means we are a one stop shop for meeting your television and Freeview requirements.
We can tailor a package to meet your specific needs, to discuss your requirements and obtain a no obligation quote please call us on 03 544 0473.
See Going Digital for more information.
It is also a good time to check that you are receiving all of the FreeView Channels that are available in your area.